Re: DIAG [HY000] server closed the connection unexpectedly

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: DIAG [HY000] server closed the connection unexpectedly
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi, Jon

From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Jon Raiford
> It would seem that I was mistaken.  My simple test case did produce the
> expected 08001 SQLSTATE with the updated driver, but when I scaled up to
> multiple connections it was not consistent.  In the end I am now simply
> check HY000 errors and change them to 08001 if the text matches "*server
> closed the connection*".  A brute force method, but it allows me to move
> forward.
>
> Of course it may be that I made a mistake in applying the patch or my build
> environment.  I will happily test an updated build when it becomes available
> and report back.

First, the SQLSTATE is 08S01, not 08001.

Yes, I'd appreciate it if you could report back the details.  I have no idea about any problem which can happen with
simultaneousmultiple connections.

BTW, you seem to want a method to judge that the connection is lost.  Then, SQLGetConnectAttr(hdbc,
SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_DEAD)should be the right answer.  See the following page, and please try it.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms713605(v=vs.85).aspx

SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_DEAD
A read-only SQLUINTEGER value that indicates the state of the connection. If SQL_CD_TRUE, the connection has been lost.
IfSQL_CD_FALSE, the connection is still active.

> Assuming this is accepted and committed, is there any idea when an official
> updated installer may be posted?

Sorry, I'm not in the position to decide it.  Inoue-san and Saito-san will do.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa