Re: Is the last 9.1 release planned?

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: Is the last 9.1 release planned?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
> [mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Magnus Hagander
> On Oct 5, 2016 5:42 AM, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki"
> <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > Thanks for clarification.  Then, I understood that the expression "stop
> releases in September" in the release note and a pgsql-announce mail was
> not correct.
>

> It basically means stop guaranteeing that we do. As of a couple of days
> ago, bug fixes won't necessarily be back ported to 9.1 if they are difficult.
> But there will be one wrap-up release in November with any patches that
> have already been applied but have not yet been in a release. And after
> November, we will stop doing that as well.

I see.  I simply took the phrases in pgsql-announce "September is EOL" and "only expects one more release" as meaning
"onlyexpects one more release in September", because I didn't imagine a minor version is released after EOL.

If possible, I was happy if I saw "only expects one more release in November" or "on a regular schedule".

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa