Re: [bug fix] Cascading standby cannot catch up and get stuck emitting the same message repeatedly

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: [bug fix] Cascading standby cannot catch up and get stuck emitting the same message repeatedly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Michael Paquier
> 9.3 has addressed that by allowing streaming standbys to perform timeline
> jumps via the replication protocol. Doesn't this problem enter in this area?

IIUC, that new feature enables timeline switch without disconnecting the standby and without WAL archive.  I think 9.2
canperform timeline switch with WAL archive.  In fact, the customer said they hit the problem only once in many
occurrencesof the same test.  The bug seems to emerge depending on the timing.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa