Re: When should be advocate external projects?

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: When should be advocate external projects?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org
> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 02:15:15PM -0700, Joshua Drake wrote:
> > IMO:
> >
> > A much better solution is to rework the software catalogue to properly
> > highly open source "projects" versus "products" and allow people to
> > manage via a moderated interface their own listings. It will be
> > consistent, provide a central place within the primary domain and be lower
> overhead than a wiki.
>
> The nice thing about a wiki is anyone can go in and improve it.

I'm not sure yet whether the current Software Catalog style or wiki is better, but can't we get both benefits?

* Take the wiki style, which allows everyone to edit.
* Place the link to the wiki page on the main web site.  (The current location of the Software Catalog is not easy to
find.)
* To make the software entries look consistent, specify the entry format in the editing guideline page.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa