Re: When should be advocate external projects?

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: When should be advocate external projects?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
> From: pgsql-advocacy-owner@postgresql.org
> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:44:17AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> > Maybe we should just go stand up a wiki page to start.  What's in the
> > software catalog right now looks useless to me.
>
> I think our wiki page that lists all the FDWs is great, so why can't we
> do this for other external software?

That'a wonderful page, because users can not only know the existance of FDW but also get information on how to use
them.

But it seems to tell us the difficulty of maintaining the software and/or information on the software.  The status of
FDWfor JDBC/ODBC is described as follows... This description keeps people from adopting the JDBC/ODBC FDW.  And we
cannotknow whether it is still correct (JDBC/ODBC FDW may work with the latest PostgreSQL) nor how new it is.

"Does not compile with PostgreSQL >= 9.2! "
"A patched, but completely untested version "
"Not maintained ? "

Anyway, it's good to know that such a page exists.  Similar software listings are scattered here and there.  Maybe we
arebetter off integrating those information in a single place.  PGECons also has a commercial product listing on their
website, which is in Japanese only.

Community Guide to PostgreSQL GUI Tools
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Community_Guide_to_PostgreSQL_GUI_Tools

Open Source Projects Using PostgreSQL