Re: PostgreSQL: SQLSetPos fails with SetPos update return error.

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: PostgreSQL: SQLSetPos fails with SetPos update return error.
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Venkatesan, Sekhar

Also I would like to understand which partition key is being referred here. IS there any information in MyLog output that indicates that?

This is just understand the use-case. Let me know.

No, it's an inspiration from your use of partitioning.

From: Venkatesan, Sekhar [mailto:sekhar.venkatesan@emc.com]

I need to understand how to write update triggers which you mentioned as the workaround.

Any examples/samples which I can refer would really help. Since all the tables are partitioned, I assume I have to make sure the odbc driver knows the partitioned table name’s row to update. This has to be implemented as part of the trigger. Isn’t it?

Sorry, I misunderstood.  I'm afraid there's no workaround.

The ODBC driver probably has to handle the migration of a row between partitions.  Currently it tracks the row position by fetching the new ctid value with "INSERT/UPDATE ... RETURNING ctid".  The table name is fixed.

Instead, the driver has to fetch tableoid as well as ctid, and store it in memory with each row.  In addition, the driver has to fetch the table name which corresponds to the tableoid, and store the mapping of tableoid to table name.  It uses the map to build UPDATE statements.  I'm not sure yet if it's feasible and how difficult, as I'm new to psqlODBC.

Until when does this problem need to be solved?  What's the effect if it is not solved?  Does your product fail to certify against PostgreSQL, or some function is unavailable?

Regards

Takayuki Tsunakawa

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL: SQLSetPos fails with SetPos update return error.
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL: SQLSetPos fails with SetPos update return error.