Re: replication choices

От Guido Neitzer
Тема Re: replication choices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 31.01.2007, at 14:53, Lenorovitz, Joel wrote:

> I do not know of any product, Slony included, that has built in
> support
> for a situation such as this, so I suspect all of the details will
> have
> to be handled in a custom fashion.

It is not relevant for you as your are using PostgreSQL (for good
reasons I believe - I use it too, but not exclusively), but from what
I have heard, the guys at FrontBase  [1] have developed a solution
for such scenarios based on their own database engine. If you are
especially looking for such a product and if you are not bound to a
special db engine, you might want to talk to them.

The information about that is, as far as I know, not on their
website, so you might ask the customer support for that.

To make that clear: I have nothing to do with FrontBase and it
clearly has disadvantages and advantages compared to PostgreSQL. I'm
just a user, as I am for PostgreSQL. I use both of them (more often
PostgreSQL) and I always try to use the one that fits the situation
best. That's all and that's why I'm giving this information.

cug

[1] http://www.frontbase.com