Re: quick review

От Thomas H.
Тема Re: quick review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Installer doesn't run over Terminal Services.  Sucks, ended up using
> the no-installer zip instead.

http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/faq/FAQ_windows.html#3.5

upgrade to windows2003. installing pgsql in a w2k3 console session just
fine.

http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/faq/FAQ_windows.html#2.3

> looking for the option to turn that check off for the past 30 minutes,
> I do really know what I'm doing, network/security wise.  Spent so long

hear hear... another windows admin running all his service under the
administrator context.

> [just rant not really worth reading again]

use "pg_ctl.exe register"  to setup your system service when using zip
instead of installer. you can also use pg_ctl to run pgsql from a command
prompt. as you obviously "know what you're doing", i assume you've checked
the howto for pgsql on windows, read pgsql's setup-section and already ran
initdb... ;-)

best regards
- just another arrogant pgsql user