Re: [HACKERS] The error message "sorry, too many clients already" isimprecise

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [HACKERS] The error message "sorry, too many clients already" isimprecise
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/8/17 06:39, Piotr Stefaniak wrote:
> I've made a hack for myself (attached diff against 9.4) which adds a
> DETAIL-level message telling me which proc list was saturated. It's not
> committable in its current form because of a C99 feature and perhaps for
> other reasons.

There are other places that also emit the "sorry" message that would
also need to be looked at.  Also, the patch would need to be against master.

This kind of patch to make error messages more precise is usually
welcome, so keep working on it.  But this needs a bit more refinement as
it stands.