Re: Pgsql on Solaris

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: Pgsql on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Oct 31, 2006, at 9:43 AM, <vodhner@cox.net> <vodhner@cox.net> wrote:

> How widespread is the use of PostgreSQL on Solaris?  I am beginning
> to sense that community support is not currently very strong on
> this platform, and that pgsql may not be the best candidate for my
> current project -- installing LXR on a 64-bit Solaris system.
>
> I had to do a lot of web searching to learn how to get past a
> compilation problem, apparently fixed for the current release; and
> now It appears (based on the reply below) that the "configure"
> setup is not ready to recognize 64-bit solaris environment; the 32-
> bit executables are incompatible with 64-bit Perl.  I am not an
> autoconf hacker, and can't afford in this case to go "where none
> have gone before".

You should be able to build it just by setting CFLAGS and LDFLAGS
appropriately,
e.g.  "-xarch=v9", but my build scripts actually do it by setting CC
to "cc -xarch=v9" -
I don't recall why I did that, but it's possible there was something
funky with flags handling
somewhere in the build process.

Works fine, and has done for years. I've had 64 bit sparc builds
running happily
since 7.2 or so.

That's all assuming you're using Sun compilers on sparc. If not, I've
no idea whether
you can even build 64 bit binaries.

Cheers,
   Steve

> This is always a challenge with Free Software, of course:
> potential users of a given product need to know how to pick their
> battles.
>
> So, please advise as to the level of 64-bit Solaris 10 activity
> with pgsql.
>
> Thanks,
> Victor Odhner
>
> ---- Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 12:40:41PM -0700, vodhner@cox.net wrote:
>> How can I get the "make" to generate ELF 64-bit executables on
>> Solaris 10?
>> We're on Fujitsu hardware; uname -a displays this:
>>   SunOS .... 5.10 Generic_118822-26 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M
>
> Well, to start with, are you using a compiler that can generate 64
> bit binaries?  How about your libs?

Сообщение: Re: updating to 7.4.13 helped it appears
Сообщение: Re: updating to 7.4.13 helped it appears