Re: 15,000 tables

От Gavin M. Roy
Тема Re: 15,000 tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Heh looks like I left a trailing thought...

My post wasn't saying don't use journaled filesystems, but rather
that it can be slower than non-journaled filesystems, and I don't
consider recovery time from a crash to be a factor in determining the
speed of reads and writes on the data.  That being said, I think
Tom's reply on what to journal and not to journal should really put
an end to this side of the conversation.

Gavin

On Dec 1, 2005, at 10:49 AM, Gavin M. Roy wrote:

> Here's a fairly recent post on reiserfs (and performance):
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-novice/2005-09/msg00007.php
>
> I'm still digging on performance of ext2 vrs journaled filesystems,
> as I know I've seen it before.
>
> Gavin
>

> My point was not in doing an fsck, but rather in
> On Dec 1, 2005, at 10:40 AM, Tino Wildenhain wrote:
>
>> Am Donnerstag, den 01.12.2005, 10:07 -0800 schrieb Gavin M. Roy:
>>> Hi Michael,
>>>
>>> I'm a fan of ReiserFS, and I can be wrong, but I believe using a
>>> journaling filesystem for the PgSQL database could be slowing things
>>> down.
>>
>> Have a 200G+ database, someone pulling the power plug
>> or a regular reboot after a year or so.
>>
>> Wait for the fsck to finish.
>>
>> Now think again :-)
>>
>> ++Tino