Re: PostgreSQL doesn't accept connections when Windows

От Thomas H.
Тема Re: PostgreSQL doesn't accept connections when Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> If I understand what you're suggesting, perhaps upon reboot PostgreSQL is
> starting before another app that listens on the same port, which could
> cause the problem, but if I then restart the PostgreSQL service this
> solves the problem?

if you can start it manually, then its probably not a problem with another
tool using the same port.

a) do you have a software firewall installed on that machine that might be
interfering here?

b) is your windows in a domain?
if so, make sure you manually set "log on as a service" priviledges on the
domain controller for the local postgres user. the installed only sets local
priviledges that are overwritten upon reboot.

you find the setting here: start -> run -> mmc -> file -> add snapin ->
add -> group policy editor -> browse -> default domain policy
then browse for computer configuration -> windows settings ->  security
settings -> local policies -> user rights -> log on as a service. add the
user there.

regards,
- thomas