Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2024-01-19 at 13:38 -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
> One post-commit question on 0aba255440: why do
> haszero64(pg_bswap64(chunk)) rather than just haszero64(chunk)? How
> does byteswapping affect whether a zero byte exists or not?

I missed that it was used later when finding the rightmost one
position.

The placement of the comment was slightly confusing. Is:

  haszero64(pg_bswap64(chunk)) == pg_bswap64(haszero64(chunk))

? If so, perhaps we can do the byte swapping outside of the loop, which
might save a few cycles on longer strings and would be more readable.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis