Re: Out of memory while reading tuples

От Inoue, Hiroshi
Тема Re: Out of memory while reading tuples
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

On 2018/11/07 1:10, Markus Angst wrote:
> Hi Hiroshi,

>>> Hmm, it seems a documentation bug to me.
>>>
>>>    "If not using cursors, this is how many tuples to allocate memory at
>>> first."
>>>
>>> seems correct.
>>
>> Oops, I was wrong.
>>
>>     "If not using cursors, this has no meaning."
>>
>> seems right.
>
> Thanks for your reply. What is the exact memory limit (and, out of
> curiosity: why does it exist)?

Psqlodbc itself doesn't have such a limitation. *Out of memory* means
that psqlodbc requested
a memory area using m(re)alloc function but the system replied that it's
a tall order.

BTW simple queries rather consume large amount of memory.
Could you narrow down the conditions of your queries?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

> Regards
> Markus Angst