Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL COPY Statement Error On Linux

От Charles Clavadetscher
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL COPY Statement Error On Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Osahon Oduware
Sent: Dienstag, 12. September 2017 12:30
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL COPY Statement Error On Linux

Hi All,

I am trying to utilize the "COPY" statement below to copy a .CSV file to a table in a PostgreSQL database.:
    COPY <schema>.<table_name>(<table_columns>) FROM '\\shared\network\path\to\csv\test.csv' DELIMITER ',' CSV HEADER;

This works with a PostgreSQL database installed in a WINDOWS environment (Windows 7), but fails with the following error with a similar PostgreSQL database in a Linux environment (Centos 7):
    org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not open file "\\shared\network\path\to\csv\test.csv" for reading: No such file or directory

It looks like the share is not visible for the Linux system. You probably need to mount it first using Samba and then access it through the mount point using slashes instead of bakslashes: /

Instructions on how to mount a Windows share in Linux can be found on the internet. Since I am not an expert on this myself, I can’t give you more concrete instructions.

This may help: http://www.serverlab.ca/tutorials/linux/storage-file-systems-linux/mounting-smb-shares-centos-7/

An alternative would be to copy the file to the Linux system using e.g. scp of sftp and the load it locally.

Hope this helps.

Bye

Charles

I have granted READ access to EVERYONE on the CSV folder on the network path as depicted in the attached image.

Could someone point me to the reason for the failure in Linux?