Re: information_schema and not-null constraints

От Vik Fearing
Тема Re: information_schema and not-null constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 9/6/23 00:14, David G. Johnston wrote:

> I'm not all that for either A or B since the status quo seems workable.

Pray tell, how is it workable?  The view does not identify a specific
constraint because we don't obey the rules on one side and we do obey
the rules on the other side.  It is completely useless and unworkable.

> Though ideally if the system has unique names per schema then everything
> should just work - having the views produce duplicated information (as
> opposed to nothing) if they are used when the DBA doesn't enforce the
> standard's requirements seems plausible.
Let us not engage in victim blaming.  Postgres is the problem here.
--
Vik Fearing

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: sandboxing untrusted code
От: Michail Nikolaev
Сообщение: Re: Replace known_assigned_xids_lck by memory barrier