Re: Modest proposal to extend TableAM API for controlling cluster commands

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Modest proposal to extend TableAM API for controlling cluster commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Jun 15, 2022, at 6:55 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>
> I think nothing would happen in this case - only pre-clustered tables get
> clustered in an argumentless CLUSTER. What am I missing?

The "VACUUM FULL" synonym of "CLUSTER" doesn't depend on whether the target is pre-clustered, and both will run against
thetable if the user has run an ALTER TABLE..CLUSTER ON.  Now, we could try to catch that latter command with a utility
hook,but since the VACUUM FULL is still problematic, it seems cleaner to just add the callback I am proposing.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Modest proposal to extend TableAM API for controlling cluster commands
Сообщение: Re: Modest proposal to extend TableAM API for controlling cluster commands