Re: Content for talk on Postgres Type System at PostgresConf

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Content for talk on Postgres Type System at PostgresConf
Дата
Re: Content for talk on Postgres Type System at PostgresConf
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2024-02-28 at 17:08 -0800, Guyren Howe wrote:
> I am to talk about Postgres’s type system at PGConf:
>
> https://postgresconf.org/conferences/2024/program/proposals/postgres-s-type-system
>
> I picked the issue because I think it’s poorly understood, greatly
> under-discussed, and an excellent way to empower postgres users.
>
> What would you want to see in such a talk?

It might be good to explain how "timestamp with time zone" works.
That's often confusing for beginners, because it is different from
other databases and arguably deviates from the SQL standard.

Perhaps it would be good to warn people about using data types like
"character", "time with time zone" and "money".

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: Non-Stored Generated Columns
Сообщение: Re: Non-Stored Generated Columns