"Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...

От Martin Goodson
Тема "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...
Дата
Re: "Server versions prior to 8.0 do not support savepoints" when using JDBC ...  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello.

I wonder if anyone can assist with this?

Some of my developers are reporting that they are getting the following
message when attempting to connect to the database using jdbc:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Server versions prior to
8.0 do not support savepoints

at

org.postgresql.jdbc3.AbstractJdbc3Connection.setSavepoint(AbstractJdbc3Connection.java:95)

Database version is 10.5 running under RHEL 7.4. The postgreSQL jdbc
driver version they're employing is postgresl-42.2.9.

The database itself has absolutely no issues creating savepoints (I
checked it, just in case ...) so I'm assuming it must be some issue with
the driver / how the driver has been configured.

As you can see I've not been given a a lot to go on, unfortunately. Has
anyone seen this before? Is this a common issue and my google-fu has
failed me? :)

Many thanks.

Regards,

M.

--
Martin Goodson

Whatever you've got planned, forget it. I'm the Doctor.
I'm 904 years old. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the
constellation of Kasterborous. I am The Oncoming Storm,
the Bringer of Darkness and you are ... basically just a
rabbit, aren't you? OK, carry on, just a general ...
warning.