Re: join question - three tables, two with foreign keys to the first

От Dmitri Colebatch
Тема Re: join question - three tables, two with foreign keys to the first
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
maybe just to qualify, I get this:

select emp.name, lv.from_date, lv.to_date, pay.amount
from employee as emp
left join employee_leave as lv on emp.id = lv.employee_id
left join employee_pay as pay on emp.id = pay.employee_id
where emp.id = 1;
name | from_date  |  to_date   | amount
------+------------+------------+--------dim  | 2002-10-05 | 2002-05-14 |    100dim  | 2002-10-05 | 2002-05-14 |
100dim | 2002-10-06 | 2002-06-14 |    100dim  | 2002-10-06 | 2002-06-14 |    100

(4 rows)

but would expect the results to be
name | from_date  |  to_date   | amount
------+------------+------------+--------dim  | 2002-10-05 | 2002-05-14 |   (null)dim  | 2002-10-05 | 2002-05-14 |
(null)dim |       (null)      |      (null)        |    100dim  |       (null)      |      (null)        |    100

(4 rows)

am I missing something?

ta again
dim