RE: RE: Referencing named attribute in where clause doesn't work with7.1.2?

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема RE: RE: Referencing named attribute in where clause doesn't work with7.1.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I suggest the best place to put your tests is in the WHERE clause.  They are
out of place in the JOIN clauses, even though this (apparently) works as you
expect, because they do not represent a joining of fields.  Also, easier to
read and understand in the WHERE clause.
On joins in general: there are plenty of kinds, but in real life inner or
outer (left or right: all the same) joins will be all you want 99% of the
time.  Read up on what those do, and you'll be in good shape.