RE: search/replace in update

От Jeff Eckermann
Тема RE: search/replace in update
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Gary,
To answer your questions in the order given:
*    Parameters are as you guess.  You could juggle them any way you
like, but I think easier to remember if they correspond to the language
being used.
*    You call the function by including it in your SQL, like:
UPDATE table
SET mobile_number = search_replace (mobile_number, '07889', '0589')
WHERE mobile_number LIKE '0589%';
Or, if you just want to check that it works, you could do:
*    SELECT mobile_number, search_replace (mobile_number, '07889',
'0589') AS new_number
FROM table
WHERE mobile_number LIKE '0589%';
*    Procedural languages are not enabled by default: you need to do
that.  Easiest way is to run "createlang" from the OS prompt (see "man
createlang" for details, or PostgreSQL documentation).  For plperl, there
are extra steps required, which you can find in the documentation under
"Procedural Languages".  The result of those extra steps will be the
creation of a file "plperl.so", which you should then copy to your
/usr/local/lib directory.  You can then run "createlang plperl <database
name>", and you will be good to go.
PostgreSQL has lots of functions built in, but if you need something that is
missing, you can probably find it in one of the supported procedural
languages, and "import" it by wrapping in a custom function in the manner
shown below.
HTH
Jeff

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: