Re: recent news item

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: recent news item
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Jul 26, 2005, at 3:45 PM, Neil Conway wrote:

> This news article:
>
>     http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.363
>
> claims that "PostgreSQL Software Quality trounces MySQL". Can
> someone restate this to be a bit less unequivocal, please? (Or if
> you'd prefer that I just submit a new writeup, let me know.)
>
> The notion that you can compare overall software quality by
> counting the number of bugs found by a particular static analysis
> tool is pretty ridiculous. I don't think it is wise to make that
> sort of dubious claim on the website, particularly when combined
> with a direct reference to a competing database system.

I think just rewriting the headline and removing the final paragraph
would be enough. While adding the information about MySQL's Coverity
results is useful as a comparison, the point of the article is that
PostgreSQL is now qualified to sport the "Coverity Inspected" badge.
There's no need to fan the flames, especially on the PostgreSQL site
itself.

Perhaps "PostgreSQL achieves Coverity quality certification"?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com