Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/20/2016 5:12 PM, Steve Langlois wrote:
Then I try to run psql and

[20:01:11 slanglois@tron bin]$ psql
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432”?

I would expect local all all trust to allow me to connect.

did you read the error?  do you note that there is nothing there about authentication?  in fact, psql was completely unabl eot connect to the server, since its domain socket is not IN /var/run/postgresql/  since you moved it to /tmp

you can override the path to do the domain socket with -h, like

    psql -h /tmp

Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to control the location of the lock file when starting postgres?