Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication WIP

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication WIP
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 18/12/16 19:02, Steve Singer wrote:
> On 12/18/2016 05:28 AM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>> On 17/12/16 18:34, Steve Singer wrote:
>>> On 12/16/2016 07:49 AM, Petr Jelinek wrote:
>>> Yeah subscriptions are per database. I don't want to make v14 just
>>> for these 2 changes as that would make life harder for anybody
>>> code-reviewing the v13 so attached is diff with above fixes that
>>> applies on top of v13.
>>

> Thanks that fixes those issues.
>
> A few more I've noticed
>

> pg_dumping subscriptions doesn't seem to work
>
> ./pg_dump -h localhost --port 5441 --include-subscriptions test
> pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR:  missing FROM-clause entry
> for table "p"
> LINE 1: ...LECT rolname FROM pg_catalog.pg_roles WHERE oid = p.subowner...
>                                                              ^
> pg_dump: [archiver (db)] query was: SELECT s.tableoid, s.oid,
> s.subname,(SELECT rolname FROM pg_catalog.pg_roles WHERE oid =
> p.subowner) AS rolname, s.subenabled,  s.subconninfo, s.subslotname,
> s.subpublications FROM pg_catalog.pg_subscription s WHERE s.subdbid =
> (SELECT oid FROM pg_catalog.pg_database                   WHERE datname
> = current_database())
>
> I have attached a patch that fixes this.

Thanks, merged.

> pg_dump is also generating warnings
>
> pg_dump: [archiver] WARNING: don't know how to set owner for object type
> SUBSCRIPTION
>
> I know that the plan is to add proper ACL's for publications and
> subscriptions later. I don't know if we want to leave the warning in
> until then or do something about it.

No, ACLs are separate from owner. This is thinko on my side. I was
thinking we can live without ALTER ... OWNER TO for now, but we actually
need it for pg_dump and for REASSIGN OWNED. So now I added the OWNER TO
for both PUBLICATION and SUBSCRIPTION.

> Also the tab-competion for create subscription doesn't seem to work as
> intended.
> I've attached a patch that fixes it and patches to add tab completion
> for alter publication|subscription

Merged as well.

Okay so now is the time for v14 I guess as more changes accumulated (I
also noticed missing doc for max_logical_replication_workers GUC).