Re: migration problem in SQL Query with date filter

От Chad Thompson
Тема Re: migration problem in SQL Query with date filter
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Access does not handle date time the way the rest of the world does.  All dates must be encapsulated in pound signs.  With postgresql, dates are surrounded by single quotes.  This is a syntax problem with Access.  :(

Thanks
Chad
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 2:50 PM
Subject: [NOVICE] migration problem in SQL Query with date filter

Hello:

I´m new to postgresql and moving from access. Right ow I have a big project that rely heavely on date/time filters. in access the queries would look something like:

SELECT * FROM people WHERE timein > #3/1/2002 12:58#

This statement selects all the records where "timein" is greater than March 1 of 2002 and 12 hours 58 minutes AM.

The problem I have is how do I translate this kind of statement into SQL that postgresql understand while I retain compatibility with access.

I´m willing to change the code, but I need something that will work in Postgresql and access

I alsop read on the mailing list that I should use ISO dates (yyyy/mm/dd hh:mm:ss) This is no problem.

Thanks too anyone who can help

Hernán Breinbauer