Re: Copy entire schema A to a different schema B

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Copy entire schema A to a different schema B
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/11/19 8:00 AM, Tiffany Thang wrote:
> Hi,
> To copy the source schema A to target schema B in the same database in
> PG10.3, I use psql to dump schema A and manually removes anything
> specific to the schema in the text dump file before importing into
> schema B. How do I achieve the same exporting from Schema A and
> importing into schema B using pg_dump with the -Fc option? Since the

Use the -f option to pg_restore:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/app-pgrestore.html

So something like:

pg_restore -f text_file.sql the_binary_file.out

This will get you back to a text file you can manipulate.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com