Re: disabling constraints

От David Parker
Тема Re: disabling constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi. Thanks for responding.

I don't *think* there are circular references, but the nature of the
problem is that the code doesn't know anything about the semantics of
the schema - it just gets the list of tables, and there are multiple
schemas it needs to handle, all of which may change over time. That's
why I was hoping for some kind of global "disable constraints" command.

I guess it should be possible to generate the proper table order based
on loading up all of the constraints from the catalog. It seems like
more trouble than I want to go to for this problem, but maybe it
wouldn't be too difficult...

- DAP