Re: Blanks in the first line before the first word in the code boxes

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Blanks in the first line before the first word in the code boxes
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On Mar 28, 2018, at 9:47 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> On 3/28/18 21:36, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>>
>>> On Mar 28, 2018, at 9:32 PM, Peter Eisentraut
>>> <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com
>>>
>>> Just looking at a nearby thread ... something is quite whacky with the
>>> web site stylesheet.  It didn't use to look like this.  Check this out:
>>> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/pgcrypto.html#id-1.11.7.35.5
>>
>> Something is adding spaces - it’s within the “<pre>” tag, which causes
>> browsers
>> to interpret each space literally.
>>
>> For the case of the “digest” function, the outputted HTML shows the
>> first digest
>> function indented, the second one at the start of the new line.
>
> Yeah, the spaces are in the source, so it's not a CSS issue.  But it
> doesn't come out like that if you build the docs locally.  So it's
> something in the web site code.

If I traced the code correctly, the line I suspect is such:

    s = tidy.parseString(contents.encode('utf-8'), **tidyopts)

I know that the web infrastructure recently updated to the Django 1.11
series, I’m not sure if libtidy or the like were also updated with that. I’ll
defer to Magnus on that.

Jonathan

Сообщение: Re: Blanks in the first line before the first word in the code boxes
Сообщение: Re: Blanks in the first line before the first word in the code boxes