Re: PG "Users" page?

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: PG "Users" page?
Дата
Re: PG "Users" page?
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 11 Sep 2016, at 17:14, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>> On 11 Sep 2016, at 16:55, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi us,
>>
>> Just noticed that our Featured Users page has “Sun Microsystems” listed:
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/about/users/
>> (Under “Technology” at the bottom)
>>
>> Should we update that to say “Oracle” :D … or maybe just nuke that entry?
>
> That page is completely unmaintained. I proposed removing it a couple of years back, but was met with strong
objectionscoupled with a complete lack of volunteers to actually do the work to keep it up to date.

> I strongly feel it should be removed still - it is probably responsible for 25% of emails to webmaster@ from random
companiesrequesting inclusion.

Do they seem like legit requests, or more like companies not really using
PG?

If it seems like the 2nd, maybe we could have a policy like this?

  “We’re happy to include any company here who actively helps out on
   our mailing lists, and describes in detail their PostgreSQL usage
   on their website.”

That’s coming from a “lets set a high bar to meet” perspective, which
might help weed out nuisance requests. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi