Re: Redacting information from logs

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Redacting information from logs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2019-08-05 at 14:44 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> at the cost of sometimes more complicated % syntax (i.e. %1$d to
> refer
> to the first argument).
>
> I think the probable loss of gcc format warnings would be the biggest
> issue with this whole proposal, and potential translator trouble the
> biggest impediment for named parameters.

I'd be OK with '%1$d' syntax.

That leaves type safety as the main problem. Your solution involving
_Generic is interesting -- I didn't even know that existed. I don't
think it needs to be supported on all compilers, as long as we are
getting errors from somewhere. They would be runtime errors instead of
compile-time errors, though.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis