Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(

Список
Период
Сортировка
От
Тема Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Antoine, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
  Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Tom Lane, )
   Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance  (Markus Schaber, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (<>, )
  Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Antoine, )
   Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(  (Andrew Sullivan, )
  Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance  (Markus Schaber, )
>> in our db system (for a website), i notice performance boosts after a
>> vacuum
>> full. but then, a VACUUM FULL takes 50min+ during which the db is not
>> really
>> accessible to web-users. is there another way to perform maintenance
>> tasks
>> AND leaving the db fully operable and accessible?
>
> You're not doing regular vacuums often enough.

well, shouldn't autovacuum take care of "regular" vacuums? in addition to
autovacuum, tables with data changes are vacuumed and reindexed once a day -
still performance seems to degrade slowly until a vacuum full is
initiated... could an additional daily vacuum over the entire db (even on
tables that only get data added, never changed or removed) help?

- thomas

Сообщение: Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(
Сообщение: Re: new to postgres (and db management) and performance already a problem :-(