Re: Regarding availability of 32bit client drivers for postgresql 13/14

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Regarding availability of 32bit client drivers for postgresql 13/14
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/16/22 20:46, Aravind Phaneendra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Aravind and I am part of IBM CICS TX product development and
> support. We have a requirement from one of our customers to use IBM CICS
> TX with PostgreSQL 13/14. IBM CICS TX is a Transaction Manager
> middleware product that is deployed as container on Kubernetes
> platforms. IBM CICS TX can interact with database products such as DB2,
> Oracle, MSSQL, PostgreSQL through XA/Open standards.
>
> CICS TX is a 32bit C runtime product and uses the databases’ 32bit
> client libraries to perform embedded SQL operations. The customer
> applications are Embedded SQL C or COBOL programs deployed on CICS TX
> and CICS TX runtime executes them as transactions ensuring the data
> integrity.
>
> We observed there are no 32bit client binaries/libraries available with
> PostgreSQL 13/14 and CICS TX require them to interact with the
> PostgreSQL server. Currently we have tested with PostgreSQL 10.12.1 and
> our customer wants to upgrade to PostgreSQL 13 or 14.
>
> Based on the above requirements and details, we have few questions which
> require your support.
>
>  1. Can we get 32bit client binaries/libraries for PostgreSQL 14 ?

The ODBC driver does it:

https://odbc.postgresql.org/docs/win32-compilation.html

Also the Build farm:

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl

has 32bit/i686 members that show green.

>  2. We also found that the libraries can be built by using the
>     PostgreSQL 14 source. Is it possible to build the 32bit client
>     binaries/libraries from the source available ?

Try it and see.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Aravind Phaneendra
Сообщение: Regarding availability of 32bit client drivers for postgresql 13/14
От: Aravind Phaneendra
Сообщение: RE: Regarding availability of 32bit client drivers for postgresql 13/14