Re: Connections on cluster not being logged

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Connections on cluster not being logged
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/23/2018 12:50 PM, Sandy Becker wrote:
Please reply to list also.
Ccing list.

> Two servers set up in a hardware cluster for automatic failover.  That's
> all I know about it.

Alright, so which server's logs are you looking at?

Long term it would be a good thing to know how the cluster/failover is
setup, as that is something folks on this list are going to ask when
attempting to answer a question. Just trying to get ahead of the
inevitable:)

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 1:04 PM, Adrian Klaver
> <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/23/2018 08:14 AM, Sandy Becker wrote:
>
>         I have postgresql 9.4 on a cluster, hardware based.  I need to
>         be able to see which users are connecting to which database and
>         when to be in compliance with our security policies.
>
>         I have set the following in the postgresql.conf and did a pg_ctl
>         reload:
>
>                log_connections = on
>                log_line_prefix = '%t [%p]:[%u]:[%h]-[%d] [%1-1]'
>
>         Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be logging the connections.
>         This is what I have used on our non-clustered instances and it's
>         working as expected.  Have I missed something relating to
>         logging on a cluster?  The second node is strictly for
>         automatice failover, so nothing is actually running there at the
>         moment.
>

>     Can you define what you mean by a cluster?
>

>         Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
>
>         Sandy
>

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver