Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.
Дата
Re: Predefined role pg_maintenance for VACUUM, ANALYZE, CHECKPOINT.  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2021-10-26 at 00:07 +0000, Bossart, Nathan wrote:
> It feels a bit excessive to introduce a new predefined role just for
> this.  Perhaps this could be accomplished with a new function that
> could be granted.

It would be nice if the syntax could be used, since it's pretty
widespread. I guess it does feel excessive to have its own predefined
role, but at the same time it's hard to group a command like CHECKPOINT
into a category. Maybe if we named it something like pg_performance or
something we could make a larger group?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis