Re: Off-label use for pg_repack

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Off-label use for pg_repack
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/28/23 08:46, CG wrote:
> Hi fellow list members. I hit a brick wall with my last question. I'd
> like to try this again.
>
> I need to remove OIDs from tables without locking the tables for long
> periods of time. I have developed a strategy that seems to work, but I
> would like the experts to weigh in since I'm planning on doing things to
> the system tables that are generally frowned upon.
>
> Prior to running pg_repack I perform these modifications:
>
> mydata=# update pg_class set relhasoids = false where oid =
> 'a_very_large_table_with_oids'::regclass::oid;
> UPDATE 1
> mydata=# delete from pg_attribute where attrelid =
> 'a_very_large_table_with_oids'::regclass::oid and attname = 'oid';
> DELETE 1

Not sure about the below, but in the above: ::regclass::oid is
redundant, ::regclass will suffice. Also for pg_class you can do  where
relname = 'a_very_large_table_with_oids';

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Get back the number of columns of a result-set prior to JSON aggregation
Сообщение: Re: Get back the number of columns of a result-set prior to JSON aggregation