Getting back the primary key after INSERT

От Scott W. Hill
Тема Getting back the primary key after INSERT
Дата
Re: Getting back the primary key after INSERT
Список pgsql-novice
I'm pretty new with JDBC and Postgres. Here's my question:

I have a table with an automatically incrementing key. I'm inserting
things into the table via an INSERT statement from JDBC. Once I do the
INSERT, I want to know what new number was assigned by the database to
the row that I just inserted. Any ideas?

--Scott