Re: Better Connection Statistics

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: Better Connection Statistics
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I don't know any tools off-hand, but you might be able to generate
> partial statistics from the log files with a descriptive log_line_prefix
> like "%m [%p] (user=%u) (db=%d) (rhost=%h) [vxid:%v txid:%x] [%i] "

We get 60k queries per second all day long. No way am I turning on query logging to capture the stats I want. :)

Last month, I needed to track something down and set log_min_duration_statement to 0, logging everything each
connectiondoes. It was only like that for 10 seconds, and I ended up with about 400MB of log output. I shudder to think
ofwhat would happen if I left it that way.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd | Suite 500 | Chicago IL, 60604