Re: pgbackrest info of encrypted seems broken

От David Steele
Тема Re: pgbackrest info of encrypted seems broken
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/19/21 9:47 AM, Ron wrote:

> This is on Postgresql 9.6, if it matters.  Attached is a text file
> showing the pgbackrest version, config, backup log and "pgbackrest info"
> output.
>
> I followed the instructions in
> https://pgbackrest.org/user-guide.html#quickstart/configure-encryption,
> and successfully ran these commands before the first encrypted backup,
> but they aren't in the text file:
> rm -r /Database/9.6/backups/pgbackrest
> pgbackrest stanza-create --stanza=localhost
>
> Have I misconfigured something?

If the cipher is configured per stanza then the info command must be run
per stanza, e.g.

pgbackrest --stanza=localhost info

If the cipher settings were in [global] this would work as expected, but
of course there may be valid reasons to set the cipher at the stanza
level. Essentially, if you run the info command without --stanza it has
no knowledge of stanza-level settings.

We've known about this internally for a while, but have never seen it
expressed in the field. If this is a blocker for you (i.e. you can't put
the cipher settings in [global]) then feel free to open a Gtihub issue
(https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest/issues) so it is on our radar.

Regards,
--
-David