Sr. MySQL and/or Postgres DBA - in Reston or DC (Dupont Circle)- permanent position

От Polly Fields
Тема Sr. MySQL and/or Postgres DBA - in Reston or DC (Dupont Circle)- permanent position
Дата
Список pgsql-jobs

Sr. MySQL and/or Postgres DBA in Reston or DC (Dupont Circle)- permanent position

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/img/noPhoto_50.png

I am an independent Recruiter/Head Hunter and this opening is for one of my best clients with offices in both DC (Dupont Circle) and Reston, VA who have hired me to find them an exceptional, senior level MySQL or PostgreSQL DBA who is looking for a internal, permanent position (not a contract). Candidate can work in either location. There is no fee or contract in any way for either yourself or any DBA you might be able to refer to me if you are not interested. My contact info is below.

A bit about my client:

My client is an 8 year old technology services company and has about 75 employees. It is quite unique with its “SW/start up-like company culture”, which means that they are looking for individuals who have the “pizzazz and high-tech savvy” to think out of the box, and who want to work for a company interested in working with leading edge technologies such as what’s shown below.

They have developed a SaaS platform for approximately 1200 Non Profit clients, 20,000 client users (aka campaign managers), over 80 million supporters under management and in 2012 they sent well over 10 billion emails on behalf of its clients. Currently they are also under-going a technology re-start and they are looking to expand their permanent, salaried, technical staff in the Reston VA and Wash., DC offices to assist their efforts to re-build significant portion of their technology platform. Clients are supported by a team of 5 Linux Administrators and 200 servers offering a high level of technical support to customer infrastructure and applications via automated ticketing system, email, and telephone followed by documentation.

Job description for a Senior MySQL or Postgres DBA:

W2 salaried w immediate benefits including Matched 401K . New position for someone to assume the responsibility of being the firm's senior DBA authority, which includes overseeing a junior/medium level DBA.

• Developing understanding of the company’s web apps and database models
• Performing database backups and restores while being cognizant of
• operational conditions (reviewing logs, looking into MySQL
• configurations, server resources CPU/Memory/Disk)
• Preparing platforms for database installations on Linux
• Monitoring of database capacity and performance manually and with tools
• like cacti
• Performing routine database administration tasks (e.g. creating
• indexes, table space assignments)
• Investigating and troubleshooting database-related issues
• Working with other staff on database and reporting issues, writing
• scripts(bash and SQL), potentially for reports and stored procedures
• Performing database performance tuning
• Configure MySQL my.cnf files in detail around modifying buffers, ibdata files.
• Performing MySQL backups, ZRM/Xtrabackup/logical backups
• Troubleshoot schema problems (table alters, query explain, indexes, temp tables, optimizations)
• Familiar with SQL and how to use SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, DELETE
• statements.
• Utilize MySQL User Management

Requirements:

• 5+ years (8+ preferred) as a DBA with 2-3 fairly recent years as a MYSQL or Postgres DBA
• Solid experience with all the skills needed above in job duties
• Must be familiar with Linux and comfortable working with command line interfaces
• Able to work independently and interact with all levels: customers, internal management other
tech staff
• Strong experience performing administrative tasks to maintain database operation, installing
updates, and security
• Solid PostgreSQL or Postgres experience (very strong plus, will consider without))

Desired:

Experience with NoSQL

I look forward to hearing from you.

Polly Fields
President and Sr. Recruiter
Career Strategies, Inc.
Hourly/Virtual Recruiting- All Levels
(301) 949-7876
pfields@career-strategies-inc.com

Вложения

В списке pgsql-jobs по дате отправления: