Re[2]: [HACKERS] gram.y

От Sferacarta Software
Тема Re[2]: [HACKERS] gram.y
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Thomas,

domenica, 6 dicembre 98, you wrote:

>> I'm trying to make parser recognize SELECTs between parenthesis.
>> I need to do this work to have m$access working with PostgreSQL.
>> The micro$oft access jet (great wisdom) translates the UNIONs as:
>> (SELECT ...) UNION (SELECT ...)

TGL> OK, just assume I have mentioned that you should ask M$ to support
TGL> standard syntax. It isn't entirely clear from the BNF definition of
TGL> SQL92 (parens near SELECT are allowed in some places), but I was hard
TGL> pressed to see where this was legal syntax.

The problem is: I can't say this syntax is illegal, I can't find
nothing about it on SQL documentation.

Any way. I think it would be interesting to have parser recognize every
statement enclosed into parens.
I have also Informix-SE on my Linux box, I tried statements enclosed
into parens and Informix understand it.

-Jose'-