ReadOnly

От Tony Simopoulos
Тема ReadOnly
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
ok,

i have finally broken down and decided to ask for some help. i have looked for relevant sections in the manual, scanned
previous
posts, and searched the entire web for help .. all to no avail.

i CANNOT get non-readonly access to pgsql through iODBC on my FreeBSD box.  (from my windows box, this is not a
challenge). when i

try an update from odbctest i get the following:   [SQLPrepare] Connection is readonly, only select statements are
allowed.

i have tried almost every permutation i can think of ..  here is my current state.

/usr/local/pgsql/odbcinst.ini
[PostgreSQL]
ReadOnly = 0
Debug = 0
CommLog = 1

/usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini is identical to this file
/etc/odbcinst.ini is identical to this file

/usr/local/etc/odbc.ini
[ODBC Data Sources]
loathe          = PostgreSQL
cars            = PostgreSQL
foo             = MySQL

[Default]
Driver          = /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so
ReadOnly        = 0

[loathe]
DSN             = loathe
ReadOnly        = 0
Driver          = /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so
Description     = PGSQL-ODBC
Database        = metav
Servername      = localhost
Port            = 5432

$HOME/.odbc.ini is identical to this

Most of my resouce problems have to do with contradictions in the descriptions of behaviour of the odbc.ini and
odbcinst.inifiles.

there is no clarity that i can find w.r.t. where they should go, when they are accessed, what drivers utilize them
(pgsqlor iodbc

or both??), and what exactly should be in them.

someone please help me, before i pull the rest of hair out.

thanks,

tonys.