OSX 10.3.7 broke Postgresql 8.0.0b5?

От Jerry LeVan
Тема OSX 10.3.7 broke Postgresql 8.0.0b5?
Дата
Re: OSX 10.3.7 broke Postgresql 8.0.0b5?
Список pgsql-general
I *think* the 10.3.7 upgrade broke my postgresql implementation...

I am getting this error at startup.

FATAL:  could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory
DETAIL:  Failed system call was shmget(key=5432001, size=10403840,
03600).
HINT:  This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space. To reduce the
request size (currently 10403840 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's
shared_buffers parameter (currently 1000) and/or its max_connections
parameter (currently 100).
         The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about
shared memory configuration.

The first time I noticed the problem I found that the shmmax was set low
at a bit more than 4MB ( perhaps the upgrade replaced /etc/rc ).

I increased the shmmax to about 64MB and still get the same error.

Here are the current kernel settings

kern.sysv.shmmax: 67108864
kern.sysv.shmmin: 1
kern.sysv.shmmni: 32
kern.sysv.shmseg: 8
kern.sysv.shmall: 1024
kern.sysv.semmni: 87381
kern.sysv.semmns: 87381
kern.sysv.semmnu: 87381
kern.sysv.semmsl: 87381
kern.sysv.semume: 10

Do I need to increase anything else?

I am on the digest, if someone knows the answer please CC to me also...

Jerry