Possible postgre serverlog file handle leak

От Crowe, Eric
Тема Possible postgre serverlog file handle leak
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Greetings,

We recently upgraded from 7.4.1 to 8.3.6 postgre and have come across what appears to be a postgre serverlog file handle leak.

Interestly enough, the serverlog file handles (over 100 of them) are being maintained by our application server process.  We are using JBoss 4.2.3 with Hibernate and the postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar

An issue was first noticed by receiving the "too many open files" error message within the application server process.  Though, I don't have information on what file handles were open at the time of the error; analyzing the the file handles later are concerning with so many references to the postgre serverlog.  We are running a linux variant and this concern was discovered through lsof.

We had been running postgre 7.4.1 for years without this issue so this does feel like a degredation.  There have been quite a few changes in 8.3 postgre in regards to logging so perhaps there is some fine tuning that could be done with the log configuration?  Has anyone else on this forum seen this problem and/or know of a solution to it?

Many thanks in advance,

Eric Crowe

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.