Re: SELECTing for group membership of many groups?

От Mark Wallace
Тема Re: SELECTing for group membership of many groups?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I would do the heart of the solution like this:

SELECT ug.user_id
  FROM user_group ug
  WHERE ug.group_id = 5

INTERSECT

SELECT ug.user_id
  FROM user_group ug
  WHERE ug.group_id = 6

INTERSECT

SELECT ug.user_id
  FROM user_group ug
  WHERE ug.group_id = 7

I’m sure there are syntax errors, but what I’m trying to convey is the concept.

The result is only the user_id’s from the rows of user_group that match all three group_id’s.

Then, in syntax I’m not showing, take those remaining user_id’s (in your example, only one of them), and join to
the_userto get the user name.

Mark