Re: Speed up JSON escape processing with SIMD plus other optimisations

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Speed up JSON escape processing with SIMD plus other optimisations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024-06-11 Tu 08:08, Melih Mutlu wrote:
Hi David,

Thanks for the patch.

In 0001 patch, I see that there are some escape_json() calls with NUL-terminated strings and gets the length by calling strlen(), like below:

- escape_json(&buf, "timestamp");
+ escape_json(&buf, "timestamp", strlen("timestamp"));

 Wouldn't using escape_json_cstring() be better instead? IIUC there isn't much difference between escape_json() and escape_json_cstring(), right? We would avoid strlen() with escape_json_cstring().

or maybe use sizeof("timestamp") - 1

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Speed up JSON escape processing with SIMD plus other optimisations
Сообщение: Re: Speed up JSON escape processing with SIMD plus other optimisations