Re: pg_dump ordering

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: pg_dump ordering
Дата
Re: pg_dump ordering  (Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> What I'd like to see it do is grab the dependency data in pg_depend and
> do a topological sort using that.

At the end though, we'd need to dump stuff not caught be the topsort, for
cases where pg_depend has been messed with.

>  This leaves some issues still to be
> resolved ... like what to do when dumping a pre-7.3 database ... but I
> think it's the core of a maintainable solution.

Problem is you'd need to sort tables by the youngest column in the table,
which is a pain.  Because the main problem is this:

CREATE TABLE...

CREATE TYPE newtype

ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN newtype

That always breaks...