Re: Data Warehousing

От Ken.Colson@sage.com
Тема Re: Data Warehousing
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>I am on a Linux platform but I'm going to need some pointers regarding
>the cron job. Are you suggesting that I parse the dump file? I assume I
>would need to switch to using inserts and then parse the dump looking
>for where I need to start from?

Something that you may want to consider is dblink from contrib.  We have a
similar situation for the archiving of collected data and have been able to
implement a fairly easy solution that does not require the parsing of dump
files, just a simple(ish) query based on the time inserted.

-Ken

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster