Re: configuring new server / many slow disks?

От: Axel Rau
Тема: Re: configuring new server / many slow disks?
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

configuring new server / many slow disks?  (Axel Rau, )
 Re: configuring new server / many slow disks?  (Axel Rau, )
 Re: configuring new server / many slow disks?  (Richard Huxton, )
  Re: configuring new server / many slow disks?  (Axel Rau, )
   Re: configuring new server / many slow disks?  (Scott Marlowe, )

Am 08.03.2007 um 12:30 schrieb Axel Rau:

> Can I expect similar performance as 5 drives at 10k rpm (same costs)?
> Should I revert to a single-CPU to prevent from oscillating cache
> updates between CPUS?
> Anybody experience about NUMA stuff with FreeBSD?
>
> Do you have any suggestions to enhance the configuration, staying
> at cost level?
> Please advice.
No response at all?
Does this mean, my config sounds reasonable?

Axel
Axel Rau, ☀Frankfurt , Germany                       +49 69 9514 18 0