Re: Memory allocation for postmaster service...

От Kevin Schroeder
Тема Re: Memory allocation for postmaster service...
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Memory allocation could be the issue, but first try looking at your indexes.  That almost always solves any speed issues for me.  If you haven't yet, try EXPLAIN ANALYZE.

Kevin
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 1:44 PM
Subject: [CYGWIN] Memory allocation for postmaster service...

I’m just wondering if it’s possible to increase the allocation of memory to the postmaster service.  I’m running PosgreSQL with PostGIS, and sometimes running a map query on multiple objects from Mapserver can take a very long time with the CPU running at 100%.  I’m hoping increasing the memory allocation would improve the performance...

Kind regards,

Mike